I started working on this game on February 2019. MrsWordsmith had an already established art style, driven by Craig Kellman's character designs. They wanted to translate their educative books into a learning app.
The first set of images show the 3D models I did for the first prototype, all based on MrsWordsmith's IP, to quickly add them into Unity and get a first version of the game running.
Secondly, I did a few visual tests with outlines, shaders etc. The first pass images show how the game's environment looked like while in development.
We aged the game up throughout development: the game design grew in complexity and we iterated a few times to match the quality of the top games in the market for that age range.
The final screenshots show how the game looked like upon release in November the same year. At this point our resources had grown: two in-house modellers rebuilt all the assets to a good quality standard, and we added 3d backgrounds and more detailed textures.