I started working on this game on February 2019. MrsWordsmith had an already established art style, driven by Craig Kellman's character designs. They wanted to translate their educative books into a learning app.
The first set of images show the 3D models I did for the first prototype, all based on MrsWordsmith's IP, to quickly add them into Unity and get a first version of the game running.
We aged the game up throughout development: the game design grew in complexity and we iterated a few times to match the quality of the top games in the market for that age range.
The final screenshots show how the game looked like upon release in November the same year. Two in-house modelers rebuilt all the assets to a good quality standard, and we added 3D backgrounds and more detailed textures.